Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Cooked, I Cooked....

Hubby was jumping for joy when I said I was going to cook for him. I decided to try out this recipe my Tita gave and it was just for a simple corn soup.

We have this what you call "white corn" and this is actually sweeter than Japanese corn if you use it for cooking. I decided to try out the corn soup, I forgot the exact name of the recipe.

So with the help of my maids, they did the preparation. Basically, they just had to grate the corn. My Tita gave me about 10 pieces of white corn. After that, I took over.

I sauteed onion and garlic. Then added water, waited for it to boil and then added the grated corn. After a few minutes I added the chili leaves, salt, pepper and Chicken Knorr Cubes.

Voila!!! We had instant soup. Unfortunately I didn't get to take any picture. Nevertheless, hubby really enjoyed it :)
He had several helpings of the soup.

Hmmm, what should I cook next????

4 comments:

james & erin said...

I think you should cook some chicken alfredo pasta. I love that stuff.

Rhoda said...

hi, thanks for the tip :) i'll try that on my next cooking adventure.

Anonymous said...

'Way to go Girl'...That soup recipe sounds yummy, thanks for the share I think I just might try it...8o)

Rhoda said...

thanks sadie, its a very simple and easy to do soup :)