Monday, September 24, 2007

Maid Crisis - Part 2

My Cook really made my day..

Hmph, I woke up at around 11 AM (I had to take a nap again when my Mom called me at 8 AM) I was at a dillema. My Aunt from the province called and she found a cook but the thing is she doesn't want to come over to Manila unless another helper accompanies her here plus the fact that she wants both of them to stay in one house. What the heck am I going to do with 3 maids?

By the way my long time maid already promised that she will stay as long as I will get another Cook. Its a bit of a blackmail but then again I'm not happy with the my Cook anyway so I just told her to give me time to look for one.

So here comes lunch and I was so hungry and so was my husband. She prepared stir fried vegetables and steamed shrimp. We were okay with this despite the fact that she cooked the same thing the previous week. But the bad part about it was the the shrimp was too salty and was cooked with a lot of ginger thus we couldn't hardly taste the shrimp itself. How can she not cook it properly when its just steamed????

Anyway, hubby didn't eat anymore and so he was in a bad mood. So I talked to my Cook and told her that the shrimp was too salty and she added too much ginger. I also told her that she kept on repeating our meals again despite my reminder time and again. I was really pissed off with her and I said how many cook books do I need to buy for her???

At about 2 pm, I left the house to go the gym. Man, traffic was terrible because of the heavy rain. It took me 30 minutes compared to my normal travel time going home. I had to pass by Greenhills to buy hubby some original glaze doughnuts and coffee from Krispy Kreme.

So when I got home, I just surfed the net and had a bit of snack.

Here comes dinner, I had high hopes after our talk earlier. To piss me off further, she cooked this beef with watery sauce. The beef was too hard and tasteless. In short, both hubby and I didn't eat, AGAIN!!!! For the second time in one day.

I called her attention again and I asked her what did she cook. She said it was suppose to be pot roast??? I said that can't be pot roast so I told her to show me the recipe. I don't know how to cook but the recipe stated that the sauce was suppose to be thick among other things. I said how come it was not thick, she said it was thick. Man, I flared up with that statement. Its like she was making me look stupid not knowing what I'm suppose to expect just because I don't cook.

So, McDonalds came to the rescue again. I also decided to just get a Cook from a manpower agency despite the horror stories. I just don't have a choice at this point.....

No comments: