Sunday, September 30, 2007

Crowded Pay Day Weekend at the Mall


Well it was a pretty hectic Friday for me.


All my previously stated plans went down the drain. Instead of taking care of finding my cook and fixing that messy one corner of our room, I got distracted into fixing one drawer of our cabinet. At least this was pretty productive for me because I was able to get rid of our old underwears allowing the drawer some breathing space because it was so jam packed.


After fixing the drawer, my husband and I decided to go to the mall (PODIUM) to buy some books for me. It was the worst day to go the mall. Firstly, we didn't know that there was a mall wide sale on that day. Meaning, the mall was so crowded (waahhhh!!!). It was a pay day weekend thus the mall wide sale. Of course, it completely slipped our minds. We should know better next time. (Photo coutesy of http://www.mandaluyong.gov.ph/shopping.html)


Then, I also needed to withdraw money. Again, a very wrong move for me because the atm machines were crowded as well. Both ATM machines had about 7-8 people liined up. I had no choice but to line-up as well and it took me 30 minutes before it was my turn. Then again since it was an unlucky day for me, the machine was not able to connect to my bank thus it was unable to dispense money for me (grrrr...).


At least I was still able to buy my books, the main reason why we went there. Then we decided to have coffee in one our favorite coffee houses FIGARO (http://www.figarocoffee.com/index.htm). Off the topic, they really serve good "barako" coffee at very reasonable prices.



Then off we went to CLUB MWAH (http://www.clubmwah.com/) for our get together. This is a highly recommended place. They showcase caliber performances, production design, costume, and make-up. The works and they do excerpts from popular Broadway hits. I would really encourage Filipinos or even foreigners to come visit this place. They will surely enjoy the show.


Only seven of our friends (including us) were able to make it compared to the usual of eleven. Nevertheless, we all had fun.

No comments: