Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Undomesticated Housewife Background


Let me describe myself a bit....


I am 34 years old, a housewife with no kids. So, what gives me the right to be a housewife? That's another story all together about my journey in conceiving a baby. You may read this in my other blog http://www.myjourneyinconceivingababy.blogpost.com/.

I used to work as a Marketing Group Product Manager in a local food manufacturing company. I was working for 12 years before deciding to quit my job and be a housewife.

My Mom was a career woman herself because she was the only one raising us because my Dad died when I was still small. I grew up with maids taking care of our house, preparing our food, laundry, bringing me to school, etc. In short, I didn't really do anything inside the house because there was someone who was always available to do it for me.

When I got married, I tried to be the the domesticated wife. We didn't hire a maid at first and I was the one cooking our meals (bought marinated stuff and just poppped them in the oven or turbo broiler). I tried cleaning the house during weekends and washed our underwear. After a month I gave up because I couldn't do it, so we hired a maid.

After a year, we transferred to a bigger house, got my 2 dogs, and my husbands aquariums. We decided to get 2 maids, one to handle the cooking and the other one to take care of the laundry and cleaning. Of course, they both had to take care of the dogs. Here's a picture of our dogs Max and Lilo.





Now that I am a housewife, we still have 2 maids who takes care of everything. I still hate cleaning the house, cooking, etc. By the way, we also have a driver, so I have not been driving since I got married.
So how do I spend my day, how undomesticated am I, how do I keep busy?.....I will share all my adventures in this blog.

No comments: